Nigerian chef, Hilda Effiong Bassey, popularly known as Hilda Baci, on Monday achieved a 100-hour marathon cooking record time, which featured over 250 recipes.
The cook-a-thon featured a live-streamed show on multiple social media channels with support from top personalities including the President, Major General Muhammadu Buhari (retd.), Governor Babajide Sanwo-Olu of Lagos State, singer Burna Boy, and a host of others.
Below are the five things to know about her:
- Hilda Baci was born on September 20, 1996, in Akwa Ibom State.
- She is a multi-talented Nigerian TV producer, actress, and head cook at FoodbyHilda.
- She was the winner of the Nigeria Ghana Jolloffaceoff food competition held in Lekki, Lagos in 2021 where she competed with chef Seyram Kumordzie of Ghana and took home a whopping $5,000.
- She’s a sociology graduate from Madonna University, Okija, which is the first Catholic university in Nigeria.
- She broke Guinness World Record for longest cooking, surpassing a previous record set by Lata Tondon, an Indian chef, in 2019 who cooked for 87 hours, 45 minutes, and 00 seconds.